Short History of the Village of Phillipsburg
Phillipsburg is an incorporated village situated in Montgomery County, Ohio. Platted in 1836 and named for Philip Studybaker, a member of the town company.
The village was named Centre in 1848, later changed to Center in 1893, and finally changed to Phillipsburg in 1903.
The village is about 0.27 square miles and sits about 20 minutes north of Dayton, Ohio. It is served by Northmont City School District.
Phillipsburg is goverened by 6 Council Members and 1 Mayor who meet monthly for open public meetings.