Our Village supplies and maintains our own water services to our residents. It is operated and maintained by our Street and Water Commissioner Wendell Harleman. In case of an emergency Wendell can be reached during regular office hours at 937-884-5594 or on his cell at 937-371-9592. As a new resident to Phillipsburg, there are requirements for obtaining water service to your property.
- One hundred dollars ($100.00) Security Deposit. Returned after 12 months of timely payments.
- Post Office Box, obtained through the Post Office in Phillipsburg, Ohio. 15 E. Main St. Phone number 937-884-5675
- Phone number where you can be reached.
- Water is billed at thirty dollars ($30.00) for 0-5,000 gallons. Each additional 1,000 gallons over 5,000 is charged at four dollars ($4.00) per 1,000 Gallons.
- Your sewer rates are based on water usage and provided to Montgomery County. You are required to contact Montgomery County to set up an account with them. Phone number 937-781-2688. You will receive a separate bill from Montgomery County.
- Monthly water bill is due on the fifth of each month. On the 6th of that month a ten dollar ($10.00) late penalty is assessed to your bill.
- Water payments can be dropped off at Village offices located at the Community Center Monday through Thursdays from 9:30a.m. until 1:30p.m.. Payments can also be dropped off in the lock box on the east door of the building at any time. We cannot accept credit card payments.
- In the event a bill has not been paid, you will receive after the 6th of the month, a second bill stamped past due which will be due by the 15th of the month.
- Shut off/turn on fee is fifty dollars ($50.00) in addition to the past due amount. Service will not be continued until all fees are paid.
- When a request for service to be turned on to a residence is made, we would ask that someone be at the property in case there is an issue with leaks etc.
- PLEASE NOTE* Meter caps are the property of the Village of Phillipsburg. Damage from misuse will be the owner’s responsibility and a charge of $100.00 to replace will be billed to owner.
We offer a low income application for residents that have an annual income of fifteen thousand dollars ($15,000.00) or less. You can pick up an application in our offices, Monday through Thursday between the hours of 9:30 and 1:30.